StartMeeting Desktop App
StartMeeting unifies your organization’s communications, combining video conferencing, online meetings and group messaging into one easy-to-use desktop app. We offer the best video, audio and screen sharing experience across multiple platforms for an amazing price.
Downloading the App
- Download the StartMeeting app
- Select the device you are currently using (mac, iOS, Android, Windows, or Linux)
- Once downloaded, launch the app
Log in using your email and password you or your team admin set up. If you don't have an account or not part of a team, you can create an account.
After logging in you will see the Home tab where you can select these options.
- Host: Host your own meeting instantly
- Join: Join a meeting by entering your name, email address and the meeting ID you are joining.
- Invite: Invite participants or schedule a meeting and send everyone a calendar invite
In Meeting Controls
Far Left Controls: Controls on the left are related to your audio and video. You can mute yourself, select your audio source or start and end your video from here.
- Mute: Mute/unmute your mic
- Audio: Turn your audio connection off and on
- Video: Turn your video camera off and on
Center Controls: The center controls help the host manage the meeting.
- Invite: Invite additional team members or email your meeting credentials for others to join.
- Share (host only) : Share your computer screen with the entire meeting
- Record (host only): Record the audio and video of the meeting
Attendees: View a list of all the participants currently in the meeting. If you are the host, you have the ability to…
- Mode: Enter the meeting muted or in lecture mode, which mutes all participants.
- Lock: Lock the meeting and allow no other participants to join
- Hold: Put all your participants on hold music
- Q&A: Enter Q&A mode, which allows your participants to enter into a queue to ask questions and engage with you as the only other active speaker.
Individual Participant Controls
- Remove a participant from the meeting
- Mute/Unmute the participant
- Make Presenter: Allow the participant to share their screen
- Chat: An in-meeting chat allows you to message all attendees in the meeting or privately message a specific participant.
Far Right Controls
- Preferences allow you to change your audio, video or other advanced settings.
- Leave or end the meeting
To customize your startmeeting experience, select the gear icon in the bottom left to access your StartMeeting app settings.
From here, you can access
- Adjust your session identity, language and keyboard shortcuts.
- Log in or out of your account and select your profile picture to edit your account info
- You can also edit your meeting settings to allow for further customization of your meeting and call experience
- Adjust and change your input and output audio sources
- Adjust and change video camera settings
- Edit chat notifications
- Show avatars on the wall
- Here you can find the app version updates and notes of the features and bug fixes that were part of the most recent update